- True diversity UHF wireless system
- Shock-mounted dynamic and condenser microphone capsules
- Automatic channel scan
- Easy one-touch infrared frequency syncing
- Pilot tone squelch circuit prevents noise
- Switchable RF transmitter output (2, 10 or 30 mW)
- Rugged enclosures
- High-contrast OLED display
Whether you play guitar, bass or a wind instrument, the U500® wireless systems were developed in Germany to bring you affordable professional technology and sound quality. The instrument sets deliver impressive performance and high reliability, which will certainly exceed your expectations. We have designed the range specifically for professional users to ensure that your performance is an impressive and emotional experience. Selectable transmit power up to 30 mW provides the U500® instrument sets with a free-field range of over 100 metres. They are available in three frequency bands: 584 - 608 MHz and 655 - 679 MHz, where 12 systems can be operated simultaneously, and 823 - 832 MHz + 863 - 865 MHz, where six systems can be operated at the same time. The Bodypack’s gain control allows attenuation of up to 27 dB to suit both active and passive guitars and basses or high sound pressure wind instruments, thus ensuring a distortion-free audio signal. Even the lowest bass notes are cleanly transmitted, thanks to the frequency response which extends down to 30 Hz. In addition, output impedance and level are switchable on the receiver to facilitate direct connection to guitar and bass amplifiers.
The U500® True Diversity UHF wireless systems feature an automatic scan facility to find the best free frequency, and convenient one-touch infrared synchronisation of transmitter and receiver to facilitate easy set-up. High-contrast OLED displays provide an excellent overview of functions, with indicators for group, channel, radio frequency, and signal strength and battery status. You can even enter individual usernames. In addition to the squelch function, the Bodypack’s silent pilot tone ensures fail-safe operation. It protects against interference and mutes the receiver if signals without this tone are present. The U500®’s efficient technology and high-quality components provide clear, distortion-free transmission without latency or artefacts. Low power consumption means that the transmitter can run for up to 10 hours with 2 x AA batteries.
The U500® Series instrument sets are available in two versions: for wind instruments with a clip-on microphone or for guitars and basses with a double-shielded, low-capacitance cable to protect against interference.
Overview of frequency ranges of instrument sets:
- U505 // 584 - 608 MHz // 12 systems can be used simultaneously
- U506 // 655 - 679 MHz // 12 systems can be used simultaneously
- U508 // 823 - 832 MHz + 863 - 865 MHz // six systems can be used simultaneously
- U506 UK (Channel 38) // 606 – 614 MHz // six systems can be used simultaneously
- U518 // 1785 – 1800 MHz // four systems can be used simultaneously
Videos on this product